Your right to privacy while using our website is very important to us (Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd hereafter“Garmin”). We respect your right to control how much information you provide to us and we collect only information to ensure that your experience when using our services remains interactive and easy to use, such as your Internet Protocol and Browser Information. Any other information that you provide us with, is subject to your consent and your knowledge. Garmin will never share any information you provide with any company or organization that is not a Garmin business partner or affiliate, except if it is required to do so by law.
These are the guidelines we use for protecting any information you provide to us during your use of the Website and our services:
- In general, people can visit Garmin's website and access information while remaining anonymous and without revealing any personal information. When you enter our website we can determine your domain name and what browser and operating system you are using, but we cannot determine any personal information about you. Garmin uses this information only to ascertain technical implementation to ensure our users get the best possible experience for the browser you are using.
- When requesting information from us, or entering secure areas of our website, we require that you provide some information about yourself by "registering" or completing an online form. For example, situations where we will ask you to register include:
- When you subscribe to Garmin publications or mailing lists, (you will be able to "unsubscribe" at any time);
- When participating in competitions or surveys;
- When registering a Garmin product that you have purchased;
- When entering and purchasing a product from our online store, you are required to "register a user profile" to receive a username and password.
- The information we require, is necessary to e-mail you the information you request, or to follow up via telephone or email to make sure you received what you purchased and to provide you with further information about product features, upgrades, specials, and support. We may ask additional questions to ensure that our website and content we provide is in line with your needs. Each online form will clearly specify which information is required and which is optional by way of asterisks (*). If you choose not to register and provide personal information, you can still use the Garmin website, however, you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
- Garmin will never share any information you provide (name, telephone number, postal address, email address, etc.) with any other company or organization that is not a Garmin business partner or affiliate, except if it is required to do so by law. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your continued customer relationship with Garmin, including disclosure of your personal information such as your delivery address details to third party suppliers of Garmin, to ensure delivery of products bought to you.
- Garmin does not collect, store and/or retain any credit card and/or payment details.
- Garmin may however compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual and owns all rights to information of a statistical nature compiled by Garmin.
- Garmin welcomes you and is dedicated to protecting your personal information, while providing a friendly website experience. Due to the rapidly evolving nature of technologies Garmin will periodically update this policy. Notice of any revisions will be posted to this page.
Thank you for your interest in Garmin. We hope your visit to our Website is pleasant and productive.